Elevator And Escalator Injuries
Elevators and escalators are supposed to move people up and down safely and efficiently, but these powerful machines can cause serious and catastrophic injuries to unsuspecting people who are simply going about their business at an office building, a hotel, a shopping mall, an airport, a recreational area, an apartment building or another location.
IMPROPER MAINTENANCE OR OPERATION
In many cases, injuries occur because an elevator or escalator is improperly maintained or operated by a property owner. Injuries can involve:
- Getting onto an elevator that drops suddenly
- Tripping over an uneven entrance to an elevator
- Being crushed by closing elevator doors
- Falling into an elevator shaft
- Being stuck on an elevator for an extended time
- Having a foot, hand or finger get stuck between escalator parts
- Falling or slipping on an escalator
- An escalator that malfunctioned
- Head, back, neck or spine damage
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
WHAT DO I DO NOW?
If you or a family member was hurt on an elevator or escalator because of someone else’s negligence, you have certain legal rights, which may include the right to compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income and/or other damages. These cases are often referred to as premises liability cases.
King Law Firm, based in Ocala, Florida, can help you understand and protect your rights. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have served hundreds of clients who suffered serious injuries in Central Florida.
CONTACT KING LAW FIRM
If you need to discuss an elevator or escalator accident with a lawyer, King Law Firm can help. Talk to us about your case.