Jarrod Gregory King
Jarrod King is a native of Ocala, Florida, and the oldest of Greg and Carrie King’s two sons.
Jarrod graduated from Belleview High School where he lettered in academics, baseball, soccer and golf. Jarrod received his undergraduate degree and law degree from Florida State University, where he also met his wife Courtney (Mandigo) King from Vero Beach, Florida. Jarrod and Courtney were married on August 30, 2003, and they have two sons, Colton and Cayson, and a daughter Callan.
Jarrod began his career as a prosecutor for the State Attorney’s Office in the Second Judicial Circuit, comprised of Leon, Wakulla, Liberty, Jefferson, Franklin , nd Gadsden counties. Jarrod served as a felony prosecutor in Wakulla County, Florida, prosecuting felony DUI, theft, robbery, burglary, battery and assault cases.
In December 2005, Jarrod moved back to Ocala to join his father at the King Law Firm. Jarrod now uses the trial experience he gained at the state attorney’s office to help those injured in accidents, focusing his practice on serious and fatal injury claims.
Jarrod is a “Preeminent AV Rated” attorney, the highest rating* given by Martindale Hubbell. He is also a member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate’s forum which make up less than 1 percent of U.S. attorneys. In 2011 Jarrod obtained a $26.4 million jury verdict for an injured client, a verdict that is one of the largest of its kind, and was a top 100 verdict in the United States. That verdict is but one of several million and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements Jarrod has obtained for his clients.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. – 2005
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. – 2002
- Honors: With Honors
Honors and Awards
- Million and Multimillion dollar advocate forum
- Preeminent AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Superb Rating, Avvo
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar Association, Member
- The American Bar Association, Member
- Marion County Bar Association, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Emerging Leaders of Ocala, Member
Past Employment Positions
- State Attorney’s Office, 2nd Judicial Circuit, Felony Trial Division, 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Trinity Baptist Church, Ocala, Fl., Member
- Christian Legal Society, Member
- Ocala Metro Rotary Club, Member
- Lambda Chi Alpha